For many small business owners and entrepreneurs mobile marketing represents a growing business opportunity. It is true that as the use of mobile devices continues to explode the demand for mobile App development will continue to grow as well. Between December 25th and January 2nd, 2012 alone there were 1.2 billion Apps downloaded.
The App can quickly become one of the most effective marketing tools available to businesses and while developing a mobile App can be costly, it does not have to be. With different options available in the market today, any business can gain access to mobile marketing.
One of the things to consider is what platform to develop the App for. It is best to create a cross-platform App right from the start. Before hiring a developer one must consider all the functionality their App should have. The developer should be able to help each business develop a mobile strategy that will work and deliver results.
- First, a mobile App should be equipped with the Push Notification capability. Push Notifications work just like text messaging and they deliver an astounding 97% open rate. The message is delivered immediately, not 2 days or 2 weeks later.
- Business owners should also focus on building loyalty with their new mobile App. One of the best tools we’ve come across are check in offers. Every time a customer comes into a business they should be able to “check-in” and possibly unlock a special offer or a coupon.
- Consider building an email list with the App as well. Business owners should focus on gathering as much information from their customers as possible and communicate with them via different channels.
- A great use of the App is adding virality to the business, which is defined as “the degree to which a piece of content has or might be shared in a short amount of time.” The business owner needs to give his customers the ability to share the news about their business with others via Social Media, text-messaging and email.
- Finally, mobile ordering and payment is hot right now. Making it easy and convenient for people to buy from the business needs to be one of the priorities. Therefore, building a shopping cart into the App is a very smart move.
While developing an App can be very costly and some companies have been known for spending tens of thousands of dollars, it does not have to be. A small to a medium size business can find a solution that’s right for their budget. The mobile App should easily pay for itself in a very short amount of time.
At the end of the day it’s all about driving growth into your business and a mobile App is one of the best tools to do it with.